Monday, October 27, 2008

No on Prop 8.

I remember way back a few years ago I naively wrote here that I wouldn't use my blog as a forum to push my political views. And aside from the occasional post imploring people please educate themselves and vote, regardless of the WAY you vote, and that tiny little site banner up there on the right, I think I haven't been overly political here.

But Prop 8 isn't about politics to me. It's about prejudice, about inequality, about meanness and people's insecurities and fear in something they don't understand. It's about religion. And no matter your religion, or your feelings about homosexuality, the federal government ensures separation of church and state. I wish I was more eloquently spoken on this... I just seem to be overtaken by a form of black rage that makes me want to punch people when I hear the arguments for yes on 8.

But since I can not form my thoughts eloquently I will point you in a direction of someone who can. Someone I haven't met personally (though I would love the chance to remedy that) but whose writing has always inspired me even though her original blog is now defunct and her blog has resumed here! Please take a moment to read her words.

I promise to get back to non-political blogging in a couple weeks. It's just that I can't help but feel like we have more at stake here in this election than we have in ages. And frankly I am afraid.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hear, hear!!!! I completely agree with you and share your fear of where we are headed.