Thursday, January 22, 2009

Enough!

As I approach my 30th birthday I have come to accept that getting older means lots of good things like independence and being sure of myself and feeling confident and sexy and so on. Trust me, in my search for the silver lining I have bought into ALL of that stuff. I am 30! I am strong and independent! I am beautiful! Yada, yada, yada...

However, there are certain parts that are coming with getting older that I don't feel are particularly fair. For example the fact that I now know what under-eye concealer is for, and that I use it almost every day because either those dark circles under my eyes are getting darker or I'm becoming more paranoid about it. Either way, not good. And don't even get me started about that time I sneezed and... well lets just say that was a huge WTH moment. I mean really? What. The. Hell?!?!?!

But this morning I woke up to find the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I have a HUGE zit, right in the center of my nose ala Rudolph. And that sucker is painful! So on top of the dark eye circles and the dry skin and the *ahem* other joys of turning older I am now going to start breaking out like a freaking teenager? To that I say, enough Mother Nature.

Enough.

2 comments:

Kitty #8 said...

Is that what it is???? I have a zit on my chin (I have never had zits, you know this!!!) Oh and that sneezing thing, ha ha....yeah. I thought it was just me :(

Liz said...

My skin has gotten more sensitve and more prone to break out than when I was younger.

Seriously, they lie about the gets better with age.