Friday, January 23, 2009

Look at me go!

Three posts in one week y'all! Woot!

This new development just might have something to do with the fact that I have figured out how to blog from my cell phone, thus giving me more access since I am so very rarely in front of a computer any more. Though I do find it amusing that the one day I AM in front of a computer that none of the real life "friends of Tiffy" are online to chat with. Harrumph.

You know what else is amusing? The people at my gym who will drive around the parking lot for ages waiting for a close spot to park, right near the door, rather than just parking at the outer edges of the lot where there are plenty of spaces and walking in. I mean theoretically these folks are on their way to work out right? I wouldn't think that a 100 yard walk would be terribly out of the question if you are about to log several miles on the treadmill. But what do I know?

Speaking of the gym, I am having a super hard time staying motivated right now. It might have something to do with the fact that I have been busting my A$$ for weeks and watching what I eat and so on and have somehow (known only to God and my fat cells) managed to GAIN 2 pounds. Again I say to Mother Nature "what the hell"??? However, my company is sponsoring this fitness challenge thing that starts on V-Day and I am sorely tempted to join up. If it weren't for the $500 price tag I would have been the first in line but since catering doesn't pay nearly as well as mortgage banking I'm torn. Though since I am a mere 15 or 20 pounds away from my Heaviest. Weight. Ever. I am thinking it might be time to throw a little money at this problem. Because if I end up at that weight again I might just shot myself and have done with it.

I'm of course not 100% serious about the whole shooting myself thing. Only like 95% serious. It is a super, SUPER depressing thought. I'm just saying.

I suppose since none of my friends seem to want to come online to play with me I should go run errands and get some of the never-ending laundry and house-cleaning done before TheBoy and I head up to Shasta for the weekend. Here's to warm drinks by the bonfire, ping pong tournaments and good times with friends. Hopefully you all have a great weekend also!

6 comments:

Liz said...

We equally object to the lack of "onlineness" ( seriously its a work, look it up).

Michele said...

Awww I wish I was online earlier when you were here! I miss my Tiffy! Seriously - this work thing totally cramps my style.

Anonymous said...

i don't even know your online info so we can play.

i think it's time that i shelled out some cash to lose all this weight i've gained. it's a damn shame that i sit on my ass all day just complaining about it and hoping it magically disappears. at least you're going to the gym.

Goat said...

Tiff, I tired reading this post but I keep going back to that first line where you said "Woot!" Seeing you say that just makes me smile! ;)

Since you're probably wondering what's so special about that word, here's one of many definitions:

1. woot

Woot originated as a hacker term for root (or administrative) access to a computer. However, with the term as coincides with the gamer term, "w00t".

"w00t" was originally a truncated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement.
"I defeated the dark sorcerer! Woot!"

"woot! i r teh flagmastar!" (Think Tribes)

"Woot, I pwnzed this dude's boxen!'

Goat said...

make that TRIED not tired...though I am tired now. Hope you and TheBoy have a great weekend!!

Kitty #8 said...

Awe, the only time I'm in front of this darn thing (if I can help it) is at work...however you do know how "text happy" I can be!

Oh and to the notion of a gym: I paid for a year, I went less than 30 times....I cancelled the membership and opted to enroll myself in dance classes at the community college. Let's hope that works :)