Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm sorry... So sorry...

I feel like I spend most of my time on this here blog lately apologizing for my silence. It’s not that I’m trying to make myself sound important y’all I’m just THAT busy! But you know what comes along with being THAT busy? Being THAT tired!

Last weekend the girls and I headed over the hill to Capitola Village where we rented a beach house for the weekend to celebrate Angie’s Bachelorette weekend. It was fairly low key, lots of laying around on the beach, some games, a few beverages of the alcoholic variety and one cake shaped like a certain part of the male anatomy. *ahem*

Good times y’all. Also, good planning as it was right smack dab in the middle of a huge heat wave at home so while it was in the high 80’s and near perfect with an ocean breeze at the coast, it was over 100 degrees and sweltering at home. Eeek. I came home on Sunday to 118 degrees in my apartment. So not my idea of fun.

Anyway, I hope the bride had a good time! It’s less than three weeks until the big day! I can’t wait – it’s going to be so fun. I’ve been looking forward to this day for what seems like my whole life. ;^D

*****

TheBoy and I are leaving on Friday for 9 days in Sunriver, Oregon with his family. Should be very relaxing, with lots of bike riding and swimming and such. Unfortunately, TheBoy has what we’re fairly certain is a cracked rib so we’re going to have to limit the horseback riding and river rafting but still… 9 days with absolutely nothing more pressing to decide than whether I should go swimming then bike riding or vice versa. I can not wait. And we might try to sneak in a day at the lake on our way home!

*****

This is probably borderline TMI (or hell – it’s probably VERY TMI) but I’m starting to notice that lately strange things seem to get me… “in the mood” if you will. Songs on the radio, certain foods, passing smells, memories, dreams. Totally random things at random times will occur to me and... Well, y’all get the picture.

Anyone else notice this? Is it because I’m getting older?

3 comments:

Goat said...

ummmm yeah...thanks Tiff, after Liz's post and one of the comments of said post....and then yours... Well...ummmmmm this Sailor is still in the gutter! How about we just say that welcome to something guys have to deal with often. I will also say that I've noticed this 'awareness' happening to ladies around your age and beyond, enjoy it because I'm sure TheBoy is!

I hope you two have a great time away, I know I'm looking forward to Thursday when I head off to Vegas, land of the ever abundant beverages and things that catch my eyes!!

Liz said...

LMAO- no darling remember I just dream about it.

Tiffany said...

;^D It's a very interesting change to say the least! But can be a bit disconcerting at times also...