Monday, March 20, 2006
Happy Birthday Al!
Today is my Al’s birthday. I generally lump Al in together with my Mom under the general term of “parents” when I discuss him here. He’s my mother’s husband. They got married the summer after I graduated from High School but they’d been dating for like 15 years before that. I don’t call him Dad, I call him Al. I don’t know why. I call my best friend Angie’s dad “Dad” and I sometimes call Ryan’s dad “Dad” but they’re both “Dad” types. Al’s just… Al. It suits him.
Anyway… He’s the closest thing to a father I’ve got. And it’s his birthday.
So happy Birthday Al! I love you!
1. A man who begets or raises or nurtures a child.
2. A male parent of an animal.
3. A male ancestor.
4. An elderly or venerable man. Used as a title of respect.
v. fa•thered, fa•ther•ing, fa•thers
1. To procreate (offspring) as the male parent.
2. To act or serve as a father to (a child).
3. To create, found, or originate.
4. To acknowledge responsibility for.