Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Randomness

* I am having a bad hair day. This in and of itself is not news because my hair has a mind of its own and generally commences unruly behavior 12 minutes after I’ve left the house. Coincidently 12 minutes is roughly half as long as it takes me to beat my hair into submission each morning. The world is cruel and unjust y’all. No, the bad hair day is news only because up until about 3 minutes ago I THOUGHT I was having a good hair day. I was wrong. So so wrong.

* I just spent 20 minutes in the first floor ladies room because it seems to be the only room in my office building where the heater is working. Never mind that I am dressed inappropriately for the weather. The sun is shining outside therefore it MUST be warm right? Right?

* I think I have successfully made it out of the break in period of my new migraine medication. I no longer feel like I’m walking around with my head in the clouds and I’ve regained a slight appetite. Does this mean I’ve stopped losing weight? Damn it! I really was enjoying that side effect! I also have not had a migraine in 12 days. Wahoo! Now all together now let’s knock on wood…

* I’m not quite sure how this happened but I somehow made it all the way to (almost) 27 without quite realizing what veal was. I pointed to a recipe in Gourmet (or was it Bon Appetit?) magazine this weekend and said to TheBoy “does this sound good?” He then looked at me with a horrified expression and offered an (extremely guarded turns out) explanation of what veal is. Being the curious sort that I am I did a Google search first thing Monday morning for the whole story… BIG MISTAKE! I am, perhaps, permanently scarred.

* Last week the boss and I ordered Chinese food for lunch. I don’t like fortune cookies so I never eat them but I do usually break one open just to see what “words of wisdom” or, y’all know, lottery numbers they’re going to offer. The one I chose to open said “You are heading to a land of sunshine and relaxation.” I have it sitting by my monitor where I can see it every day to remind me that it’s only 14 weeks until Liz and I leave for MAUI!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maui- i'm so damn jealous.