Thursday, March 23, 2006

Trivialities

I was listening to my favorite radio show this morning on my way in to work and the DJs were talking about various songs that had words in them that were funny. Sometimes you think that song writers must have a good sense of humor when they are sitting down to write lyrics.

So smile for a while and let's be jolly:
Love shouldn't be so melancholy.
Come along and share the good times while we can.


From Rose Garden by Lynn Anderson. I mean really. How can you not love a song where they rhyme “jolly” with “melancholy”? It’s genius, pure genius.

Lookin' back now I can see me
And oh, man did I look cheesy
But I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'
It was 1980-something


From 19-Something by Mark Wills. I thought this was fitting given my upcoming 80’s themed birthday… And the fact that “cheesy” is my favorite adjective ever! Seriously this song never fails to make me laugh.

No comments: