I’m back! And it turns out that there really is such a thing as too much relaxing! I can’t seem to get my thoughts from my vacation into a coherent post so y’all are getting a list format. Sorry! I’ll try to put together something more logical and intelligent tomorrow once I’ve had some time to sort through all the work I have piled up from last week!
- I need to learn to play tennis. I’m thinking about taking lessons at the community college here. Except last time I thought about doing that I had a serious panic attack! Hmmm… I’m also having a strange overwhelming desire to go to the driving range. TheBoy and I went and played mini golf yesterday after we got home and I have to say that my putting game is improving nicely! I mention all of this because tennis and golf are basically the only things TheBoy’s family does in Sun River every year and since I don’t do either I was BORED!!
- I want one of those tattoos in white ink on my wrist that says “strength” or maybe “will power”. Something to remind me that I can do this. Of course that would up my total of tattoos wanted to four and I think my mother would absolutely die of mortification.
- Speaking of tattoos, I need to make the appointment for the one on my foot here pretty quick now that the lake season is winding down. Not that I’ve been to the lake at all this summer. Labor Day weekend will be my third trip to Shasta and including the trip up to Donner next weekend I will have only been out on our boat four times all summer! How sad is that?
- We should spend a little more time teaching our young women that they can make it on their own and a little less time encouraging them to find a man. I think we (as older women) should lead by example. It’s sad when younger women look at us and say “she can’t be alone”. That they recognize that quality in us is frightening. And more than a little sad. Also, we shouldn’t encourage young women to follow men to college because “they are going places”, we should encourage women to go to college so that they can “go places” on their own.
- Running at 4500 feet is hard! Running at 4500 feet after drinking Jack Daniels until 4:00 am is harder.
- My oldest and very dear friend Angie is getting married in FIVE DAYS!! I can’t believe it! I feel like I’ve been waiting for this day forever and we’ve been planning and waiting and talking about this and now… FIVE DAYS!! I’m putting the final touches on my maid of honor toast (because I am determined not to cry in front of a bazillion people y’all) and we’re finalizing all the last minute wedding details but basically it’s all just counting down to the big party this weekend.
- As much as I am looking forward to the wedding… I’m also looking forward to having my life settle back down in to a normal routine afterwards. Not that it’s going to really. I still have something planned for practically every weekend between now and Thanksgiving. You think that’s an exaggeration?? It’s not – I have two free weekends between now and TheBoy’s brother’s wedding on November 4th. No kidding. And the weekend after that is a friend’s birthday… I’m just saying…