Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Random

Yeah. I know this is boring. And I know I've promised you loads of more exciting posts... But I just got back from the lake. And, interestingly enough, I learned a few things about myself while doing this post.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ummm... Driving around like a maniac with my barely 4 months old drivers license, drinking and partying too much, having loads of extra practices for cheer (we wanted to make state that year but, well there was a freak cheerleading accident - maybe I'll add that to the post list) and generally causing mayhem.

What was I doing 5 years go?
Living up the single life after having broken up with my boyfriend of 5 years (High School sweetheart), working in real estate and making ridiculously too much money for a 21 year old and, y'all know, drinking and partying too much.

What was I doing 1 year ago?
Ummm... Either sitting at home on my ass un-employed or working at a friend's dive bar for peanuts to get myself out of the house, battling some serious depression-type stuff, salvaging my relationship with TheBoy and, shockingly, hardly drinking or partying at all! (I try NOT to drink when I'm upset or sad - Makes it worse every time)

What was I doing yesterday?
Driving home from a weekend of wakeboarding and camping at Lake Shasta, being a good girlfriend and driving TheBoy around to "pick and pull" lots, playing racketball (LOVE racketball!) and watching a movie.

What am I doing today?
Working. Later I'm going to my pre-screening for Boot Camp (Y'all know there's going to be stories about boot camp right?) and then to the gym and then out for drinks (only I'll be having water - more on that later) with German who has just announced their impending flight from the Bay Area into Reno.

Five snacks I enjoy:
1) Cheese
2) Berries (any kind)
3) Fritos with spicy bean dip
4) Carrots with spicy hummus
5) And more cheese

Five bands I like:
1) Antigone Rising
2) The Eagles
3) The Beatles
4) Alabama
5) Steve Miller Band

Five things I would do with a million dollars:
1) Get out of debt
2) Finish my B.A.
3) Buy a house
4) Travel
5) Invest

Five locations I would like to run away to:
1) Greece
2) Italy
3) Spain - go Spain you progressive country you!
4) Hawaii
5) Greene, Texas

Five bad habits:
1) Drinking
2) Eating when I'm upset or bored
3) Cursing
4) Avoiding confrontation
5) Not communicating


Five things I like doing:
1) Running
2) Swimming
3) Wakeboarding
4) Reading
5) Cooking

Five TV shows I like:
1) American Idol
2) So You Think You Can Dance
3) The OC
4) The Simpsons
5) Overhaulin'

Five famous people I would like to meet (or would have liked to have met):
1) Queen Elizabeth I
2) Will Shakespeare
3) Bob Dylan
4) Bob Marley
5) Princess Diana

Five favorite toys:
1) Digital camera
2) Palm pilot
3) Treadmill
4) My convertible Z24
5) Umm... the cat?

Biggest joys in my life at the moment:
My girlfriends - LOVE Y'all! You guys keep me sane!

TheBoy.

A great job/boss - FINALLY! (thanks Liz)

No comments: