Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday Feast

Appetizer
Tell about a toy you remember from your childhood.

Hmmm… I always had some form of musical instrument. I think I had maybe 3 or 4 keyboards over the course of my childhood and one year I got an Appalachian Dulcimer which was awesome! I wonder whatever happened to that…

Also, I had a doll. Her name was Molly and my mother still has her in the bedroom that was mine for the brief time I lived in their house in Livermore. I loved that doll! Just thinking about her brings back warm fuzzy feelings.

And I can not forget my teddy bear Stitch. I’ve had him since I was born. Unfortunately he had to go back to live at my mother’s house with Molly because TheCat developed an over-keen interest in him. He already has a wonky stitch on one of his toes from some unremembered childhood incident! Currently he’s wearing a teeny little red t-shirt that says “Tiffany” on it. Which apparently used to fit me – but I don’t buy it!

Soup
If you could make one thing in the world absolutely free for everyone, what would it be?

Food. It pains me to see so many people who are hungry out there. I think it’s triggered by the fact that I have so many issues with food myself. I mean my biggest concern these days is making sure I eat the right things at the right times according to the Nutritionist. How is it right that I can be so picky and somewhere there is a woman just like me who would be so thankful for all the things that I’ve thrown out?!?

Salad
Approximately how many times per day do you think about your significant other?

This is a tough question to answer; I mean we’ve been together almost 5 years! It’s not so much that I sit and think about him constantly (though lately I won’t lie, there has been increased thoughts of him and our future). It’s more like a constant stream of his thoughts running through my head. Like if someone is telling me a story – I’m thinking of his reaction to the story as well as my own. Does that make sense? I can’t explain it.

Main Course
Name something you believe in 100%.

The Golden Rule. I know it’s cheesy but… I’m a firm believer in you get out what you put in. I always try to put myself in the other person’s shoes and react or respond accordingly. I think that life is to short for unkind words or silly misunderstandings.

Dessert
List 3 things you did this year that you would consider a "good deed."

1) I raised money for the San Francisco AIDS Foundation while training for the SF Marathon in July. I was part of a training team that encouraged one another, laughed with one another and cried tears of joy and pride when the day was over. I hope that I helped those women as much as they helped me. And together I know that we made a difference for local people living with HIV / AIDS. Until there’s a cure…

2) I have, together with my wonderful group of friends, planned several birthday parties, happy hours, camping/wakeboarding trips and other miscellaneous events. Because y’all? That’s what is important at the end of the day. I don’t want to be remembered for jobs I held or money I made, I want to be remembered for the friend, daughter, and person that I was.

3) I donated blood every 8 weeks pretty religiously. Those of you who know me in “real life” can attest to the fact that this is one of those things I can get up on a soap box about… I really don’t understand why anyone, who is otherwise healthy and able to, wouldn’t make the time (less than an hour) and go donate blood every few months. It makes such a real difference! It’s so, so important!

No comments: