You know normally Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year... But this year I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm not sure why that is. May require some pondering... I'll let you know if I come up with anything other than I'm crazy.
And I'm feeling MUCH better today so thanks to all of you for your thoughts and kind words. Though Ryan is out sick AGAIN today - 2 days in a row! I think that's happened maybe 1 other time in all the years we've been dating. This cold thing must be really kicking his butt!
Here's a little holiday foolishness to start your Hump Day.
(you know I love these things!)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate! Mmm… It’s the only time I really LOVE chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped – totally.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White. Though, like Liz, my mom always had colored lights when I was a kid… She’s switched to white now though.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
If I’m entertaining I will but this year I’m not.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Depends. I usually do it the weekend after Thanksgving or the first weekend in December. This year I haven’t been in the mood. I put up a few things but the rest went back into their boxes and back down to the garage.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Mmm… So many choices! I’d have to say biscuts and sausage gravy for Christmas breakfast. It’s pretty much the only time I eat it!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Getting together with all of my aunts and my uncle and all the cousins at my garndparents house when they were still married and living on the Oregon coast. We’d get all bundled up and run around playing with our new toys. Or sometimes my grandpa would pack us all in the Spruce Goose (his truck) and take us all down to the beach to play in the sand and freezing cold water. Grandma would always have some sort of warm treat for us when we got back. Gosh I haven’t thought about that in years!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I’m not sure… I don’t remember ever believing in Santa.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I always wanted to do that! All my friends did it and I used to beg and plead with my mom every year and it was always strictly forbidden… But the last couple years since I’ve been splitting hoildays between TheBoy’s family and mine it always works out that we’re opening presents with various people for days!
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
You know, I don’t think I’ve ever done that… I’ll have to ask my mom.
11. Snow, Love it or Dread it?
Hate it. I’m a sunshine and warmth kind of girl.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yep – though not well. I’m a little rusty I suppose, it’s been years since I’ve gone!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I love all gifts! I’m not picky, if someone took the time to buy/make/wrap something I’ll love it.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my friends and family. Realizing how blessed I truly am.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I’m not a huge desert person… Does desert wine count?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Definitely the Annual Holdiay Cocktail Party with BestFriend Liz!
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
Giving. I am an awkward gift receiver… It makes me uncomfortable!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
Baby It’s Cold Outside = Fun. O Holy Night = Beautiful.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yuck. But I have been wanting to try a candy cane martini…