Wednesday, January 11, 2006

This is my new favorite quote

"You find yourself refreshed by the presence of cheerful people. Why not make an honest effort to confer that pleasure on others? Half the battle is gained if you never allow yourself to say anything gloomy."

--Lydia Marie Child

I had no idea who this Lydia Marie Child person was but after 20 seconds of furious Google research I found that she was a "famously radical abolitionist". I knew I liked her just from this quote!

Anywho - this popped up in my calendar today. Yes, I am one of those people that still carries a massive calendar. And yes, it has "inspirational quotes" in it. Shutup. I also have a Palm Pilot so I'm not totally in the dark ages. I just like to doodle! And cross things off a list! Deleting them is so not the same.

Back to the quote though... Isn't this the perfect quote given my new "Positive and Enthusiastic Tiffy" resolution??? It was a sign y'all. Kind of a slight, keep on keeping on vibe. And as my Mom was entirely too fond of saying when I was a child, "if you haven't got anything nice to say, keep your trap shut!" Mom is a bit a para-phraser (sp?), but her point always comes across!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a wonderful quote and something i aspire to also.