Friday, June 10, 2005

MeMe.

Okay so who knew that those annoying little "get to know your friends" e-mails that go around every so often had a blog format?!?! They're every where I swear! In blog land they are called MeMes. How cute is that?!?!

But if I'm being honest I do have to retract my previous statement that I hate getting these (hate being such a strong word) and that I don't like filling them out because, well I *do* like them! I do. And that's okay. Right?

Here's how it works:

Pick 5 of the following questions and then complete the sentences. Then pass it on to 3 more of your blog friends! (No tag backs allowed.)

If I could be a scientist?
If I could be a farmer?
If I could be a musician?
If I could be a doctor?
If I could be a painter?
If I could be a gardener?
If I could be a missionary?
If I could be a chef?
If I could be an architect?
If I could be a linguist?
If I could be a psychologist?
If I could be a librarian?
If I could be an athlete?
If I could be a lawyer?
If I could be an inn-keeper?
If I could be a professor?
If I could be a writer?
If I could be a llama-rider?
If I could be a bonnie pirate?
If I could be an astronaut?
If I could be a world famous blogger?
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world?
If I could be married to any current famous political figure?

Here are my choices:

If I could be a farmer/gardener: I would grow all sorts of yummy organic vegetables, and fruits, and maybe even have some nut trees in those perplexedly even rows that fascinate me so much as I drive up 5 towards Lake Shasta. How do they do that? And I wouldn't use any environment impairing chemical insecticides either. I would stick to my grandmother's old fashioned remedies (not that I know what they all are except that the there is one that involves planting garlic in between things for some reason or another). Yep. And I'd wear overalls. Pink ones. Also tan ones made from linen (like the ones I saw in a store in Carmel once) even though linen is hardly an appropriate fabric for farming/gardening.

If I could be a chef: I would specify this to mean a chef who actually makes money preparing food for other people. Not to be confused with "chef", the girl who fancies herself a sometime good cook and randomly subjects her friends and family to new "creations". I would also have one of those cute little breakfast type places with like, 10 tables max and a line out the door for Sunday brunch. And I would run my highly successful and sought-after catering company out of the restaurant as well. And I would be so successful that I'd have to book people a year in advance (you want to get married on June 1st, well I'm booked for next year, how does 2007 work for you?). And I'd have my own show on the Food Network. Just for the sole purpose of putting something foul in Rachel Ray's kitchen. Ha!

If I could be an athlete: I would take up a much more glamorous sport than running. One that does not involve runner's ass. Nor thunder thighs. Nor the use of anything termed body glide, goo or nip guards. Something like gymnastics. Yes, that's it. I'd be a tiny little gymnast (I've already got the height for it) who flies through the air on those uneven bars or launches herself 10 feet in the air while at the same time flipping ass over fist about 9 million times and ending in one of those jaunty little salutes. And I'd get to meet Mary Lou Retton. Because she's my hero. Seriously. I have a picture of me in my "official" Team USA leotard practicing cartwheels outside of my father's house when I was maybe 6. I love Mary Lou.

If I could be an inn-keeper: I would own a bed and breakfast in some perfect little seaside village. And I would be THE person to talk to if you wanted to know where all of the little "insider" or "locals only" places where to have the best dinner, most romantic walk, best ocean view, glass of wine, pint at a pub, etc... And I'd be eccentric and have 11 cats (roughly) and also dogs and bunnies. I would also be a farmer/gardener and a chef. Also probably single.

And last but not least...

If I could be a justice on any one court in the world: I would be a Supreme Court Justice. A relatively young and healthy Supreme Court Justice. Because I am afraid ya'll. Very, very afraid. I'll just leave it with, I would like to see someone appointed to the SC who is liberal (or I'd settle for moderate), globally and environmentally minded, and who gets the big picture. Because heaven help us if Dubya gets to appointing self-righteous fundamentalists... Okay see that right there? I didn't mean to say it. I was going to write this whole paragraph without once spouting off about the callous and domineering administration that, if it can't find the data it needs to support its agenda, simply creates it, edits it, forces it into existence and crams it down your throat and calls it sound government policy.* Oops. I'm just saying, is all.

So, I guess we'll see who actually reads these posts... I have no idea who to tag. Most of my IIFs and people I blogstalk have already received it. Or sent it to me. Sad, so sad.

*direct quote from Mark Morford. Who's funny, if sometimes downright depressing and frightening, column you can read here: http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/morford/

No comments: