Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday Feast

Okay I'm on the band wagon...

Friday Feast #1

Appetizer
Do you button shirts top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top?

I don't usually button all of the buttons on a button down shirt, generally just a few in the middle. I think I button them from top to bottom though. I know I usually start with the top button (the top button that I am going to button that is - I never button the super top one - it makes me feel like I am choking!) because in most of my shirts that one poor over-worked button is the one that's holding on for dear life!

Soup
What is your favorite sandwich?

"The Works" with Smoked Turkey and Swiss on Sourdough from the Village Cheese House in Palo Alto. Sorry Lizzie, I have to agree with Michele and Shawn on this one!

Salad
What was a family project you helped work on as a child?

Family Project? Um... My "family" consisted of two people. I was involved in every project!

Main Course
When have you acted phony?

Actually, and it pains me to admit it, I probably spent most of the years between 13 and 20 acting phony. I have this desperate fear of not being good enough so I try very hard to give people what *I think* they want. Back then I went so far as to pretend I was things I wasn't - I did things I didn't like doing, hung out with people I didn't want to hang out with - all to make myself "good enough" for someone or other in my life.

But you know what? At the end of the day I still wasn't good enough for those people! I'm still kind of like that in that I really really want to be "good enough" in someone's eyes. A "good enough" friend. A "good enough" girlfriend. But I no longer act phony. What you see is what you get for the most part. As I told a friend earlier this year as to why I seem so sure of who I am - I spent a lot of years apologizing for being me. I'm done apologizing.


Dessert
Do you write letters or postcards? If so, to whom?

Nope. I'm totally guilty of buying postcards on vacation and never writing or mailing them! I have been known to pump out the epic e-mail now and then though. Seriously, I could (and do) go on and on and on sometimes! I find myself apologizing for "War and Peace" sized e-mails more often than not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. I realize I probably missed a chance to get acquainted with you in August. But after reading your notes here I feel like I know you a little. Hope all is well in your life.