Friday, October 28, 2005

Friday Feast

Appetizer
What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?


I wake up at 5:00 am during the week for boot camp. But only for one more week. I usually wake up about 5:30 if I'm working out before work and 6:30 if I'm being lazy. On the weekends I'm usually up by 8 or so but I usually stay in bed and read for awhile. What can I say I'm a morning person!

Soup
When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.


The last time I bought groceries was last Sunday. I went to Costco and Safeway. I bought a pot roast, sourdough bread and asparagus at Safeway and frozen potstickers, sugar-free Red Bull and beer at Costco.

Salad
How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?


Yikes! Maybe 25 or so? I have no idea! I read A LOT. It's hard to pick a favorite... But I just finished the latest Diana Gabaldon and it was SUPERB! LOVE her! Right now I'm reading The Knight of the Maison-Rouge.

Main Course
What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?


I'm having a hard time with this question... When I think of elegance I think of people like Lady Diana and Jackie Kennedy-Onasis. But I'm not sure what it is about them that exudes grace. Maybe it's the quiet calm demeanor that is so different from my own? Or the underlying strength that you know is there just below the soft, gentle surface?

Dessert
Who taught you how to drive?


It was a combination between my mother (who spent most of the time with her eyes closed), my step-dad Al (who fared slightly better) and my youth pastor Ben (who recently mentioned it in the context of "things I'm glad I didn't die doing"). Given all of that though I think I turned out to be a pretty good driver.

No comments: