Thursday, October 27, 2005

Okay I'm jumping on the band wagon.

Thanks Kate! This MeMe was actually really fun to do! And the perfect way to pass the time on my lunch break.

Name someone with the same birthday as you. In jr. high school there were 4 people in my school of maybe 100 kids (K-8) with my same birthday! Our science and math teacher Brian Murphy, a boy in my class named Ryan Graves who moved to Florida at the end of 7th grade and another girl in Kindegarten whose name I can not remember. Crazy huh?

Where was your first kiss? In the middle of the road between our two houses. It was a neighbor boy who was a year older than me… We had been hanging out at his dad’s house with his sister (who is a year younger than me) and he offered to walk with me home. About half way down the street – his dad lived maybe 5 houses down from me – he grabbed me by the wrist and yanked me closer for a quick peck on the lips. His name was Justin and I was 12 I think. My first “french” kiss happened on New Year’s Day 1994 and it was with my first serious boyfriend ever and I was just so in love. The way you can only be the first time, you know? His name was Luke and I was a freshman in high school.

Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property? No but I have been sorely tempted!

Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? Actually yes. But only once. My ex used to push my buttons sometimes for no other reason than I think he liked having the power to make me angry and/or make me cry. No – it was certainly NOT a healthy relationship – but we were very young. Anywho, we were skiing with his parents in Tahoe for the weekend… This must have been either my senior year of high school or my first year in college and he had been digging at me all day, saying things to make me upset and making me feel about 2” tall. Finally something just snapped! I whacked him with my ski pole! And of course I felt instantly guilty (hi! HUGE guilt complex over here!) but he skied off. A few hours later he found me in the lodge and he had let the sucker bleed all that time so it LOOKED horrible. After he finally washed there was just the tee-tiniest little scrape on his cheek. And you can believe he NEVER forgave me OR let it rest. That incident came up anytime he wanted to remind me what a horrible person I was.

Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? Lots and lots. I used to fancy myself quite the singer! I sang in the choir in church and with the youth worship band. I’ve done musicals. I even once broke into song in the middle of a class in college. I don’t do those things anymore.

What’s the first thing you notice about the preferred sex? Posture. Then smile. Or eyes. It’s a tie between those last two things…

What is your biggest mistake? Feeling like I am not good enough… I know that 95% of the time those feelings are unfounded but I still always feel like I should be a better person, a better friend, a better daughter, a better girlfriend, etc…

Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose? Yes. Long story… I’ll get into it one day.

Say something totally random about yourself. I think I have developed sensitive skin in my old age! I have this totally odd rash around my ankles right now and I can not for the life of me figure out what it is from. And it looks horrible! I’m wearing long pants and boots today to cover it!

Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity? I wish! Liz TOTALLY looks like Pink though!

Do you still watch kiddie movies or tv shows? Oh yeah. I think I own probably 25 Disney movies! I love Finding Nemo! But my all time favorite is Robin Hood – the Disney version where Robin and Maid Marion are foxes? My now Step-Father used to rent it practically every Friday night and bring it over when he came to visit my mom on the weekends when they were first dating.

Did you have braces? Nope. I was blessed with pretty good teeth from the get go. Though I do have a slight over-bite…

Are you comfortable with your height? I am now. I love being short! I’m 5’2” and I used to desperately wish to be 5’5” or taller. I wasn’t asking to be “tall” I just wanted to be as tall as the other “short” girls of our group in high school!

What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you? TheBoy and I are not “romantic” in the traditional sense. I’ve had the guy who brought flowers and candy and made romantic evenings with candlelight and wine. He was always covering up for some bad thing that he had done though. I think it’s put me off that stuff forever! TheBoy is romantic in more of the everyday – this is my lifetime partner – way. Like I received a promotion at work and I called to tell him about it from my cell phone in the bathroom at work because I was super excited. That night when he came in from work he had two bottles of champagne so we could celebrate.

When do you know it’s love? I don’t know… you just know I think. It’s kind of a moment of awakening after all the giddiness and warm fuzzy feelings have passed and you realize that you really care about this person and want to make them happy and learn all there is to know about them. And you realize that they feel the same way about you. Sometimes there is an event that triggers it but oftentimes I think it’s just a gentle realization.

Do you speak any other languages? Lord no. I used to have a passing understanding of Spanish but it seems I’m a bit rusty. I still have a few words of Hungarian – mainly related to food or commands for the cat.

Have you ever been to a tanning salon? Yep – This girl gets practically florescent in the winter! But I had to stop because I was getting these weird bumps almost like a heat rash from it. See what I mean about the sensitive skin!?!?

What magazines do you read? I have subscriptions to Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Shape, Runner’s World, and Playboy (yes I do READ it). I also like People but don’t buy it that often, and I’ve been known to buy a Glamour or Elle or Vogue occassionally to take with me to the lake for lazy summer reading.

Have you ever ridden in a limo? Funny! I used to always say no, and I felt like I was missing out on something. But turns out I did – I just had forgotten about it! I took a limo from a training class in Forth Worth, TX to the airport last December. We had gotten out early and some of us Bay Area folk had switched our flights to an earlier time and the shuttle busses were waiting to have a full load before they left. One of the bankers in my class comandeered a limo that was randomly waiting around the hotel. But I don’t think it should count. That’s so not what I want my ONLY limo experience to be! I’ve always wanted to do one of those wine tasting things… Or maybe a bar crawl in SF.

Has anyone you were really close to passed away? My Nana (Mom’s best friend and my God Mother’s Mom) passed away a few months after we moved back to CA from TX. For years I felt guilty about it because she hadn’t wanted us to move away and we weren’t there when she got sick. There have been others but she’s the one that sticks in my mind.

Do you watch MTV? Not so much… There are no videos anymore! I do like the VMAs and the MTV Movie Awards though.

What’s something that really annoys you? People who do not control their children in public. Also, rude drivers. Does it really make them feel better to be one whole car in front of me?

What’s something you really like? Sitting somewhere with my girls just drinking wine, telling stories and laughing. And being at the lake.

Can you dance? Yes, actually I can. I don’t anymore than much though… Maybe 3 times a year max.

What’s the latest you have ever stayed up? Oh hell… I’ve stayed up all night before and one night in Vegas earlier this month we were out until 4:30 am. But generally as a rule I am in bed early! What can I say – I’m a morning person…

Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? No. Thank God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love when people do these tags. I learn so much about everyone. Great answers. :)